Future Self is a simple iOS reminder app being developed in collaboration with Michael Veloso.
Developed strategy, scope, and structure documents; drafted user personas and scenarios. Using Balsamiq for prototyping and Trello for organizing / team communication.
Currently planning paper prototype tests and discussing implementation.
- Mike gets to code an iOS app
- Em gets to design an app start-to-finish
- Em gets to put the experience on her portfolio
- Both of us get experience working with the other side of the process
- A user gets to feel reassured and prepared in a busy situation
- A user can thank their "past self" for getting a few key tasks done that make the next day easier
- A user feels prepared without feeling pestered
- Fine line between "reminder" and "annoyance" (cf. Clippy)
- Since these are supposed to be tasks that shouldn't take longer than a few minutes to do, entering them into the app needs to take less time than doing the task.
- phone screen size
- Many users have changing sleep times, reminder times, and schedules
Must have: Ability to create, edit, delete, save reminders
Ability to set time for reminders
Ability to set recurrence for reminders
Ability to check off a completed task - and have uncompleted ones ping at a later date (e.g., next morning)
Should have: Ability to customize the reminder noise (within existing standard iPhone sounds, not importing new ones)
Could have: Ability to sort into lists that have global qualities
Won't have: graphics, connectivity to other apps / systems